Wahoo Salad with Green Goddess-Inspired Dressing
Fresh Wahoo is a great complement to this salad with fresh tomatoes and avocado, mixed with Green Goddess-inspired dressing.
- 1 lb. Wahoo about 4 pieces, 1-1.5" thick
- 1 tsp. Blackening seasoning
- 1 Tb. Olive oil
- 1 Tb. Unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. Sour cream
- 1/4 c. Low-fat buttermilk
- 4 Scallions, roughly chopped
- 1/4-1/2 c. Fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tb. Fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 Tb. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Anchovy paste (more, if you feel adventurous)
- 1 small Garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. Fresh greens
- Handful Cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 Fresh avocado, peeled & sliced
For the Fish:
Sprinkle both sides of fillets with blackening spice.
Heat a cast iron or non-stick pan to high. Add olive oil and butter. When hot, add fillets to get a nice sear, then reduce heat to medium.
Cook about 2 minutes, then cover, turn off heat, and let the fish sit for another minute or so to allow it to finish cooking.
For the Salad:
Combine greens, tomatoes and avocado with the dressing (as much as desired) and plate individually. When fish is ready, remove it from pan, slice, and add to the salad.
- If you can't find Wahoo, you can enjoy this salad with any flaky, white fish, or a delicious wild-caught or farm-raised salmon, or maybe grilled chicken or grilled veggies.
- You will likely have leftover dressing. Keep it in the fridge and use it for another tasty salad, or as a dip with crunchy veggies, or as a topping for grilled veggies, chicken or pork. Basically, it's good on anything.