Summer Crab Salad
A fresh crab salad with mint, parsley and basil, along with a zippy whole-grain mustard and lemon dressing.
- 1 Tb whole-grain mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled, minced & mashed
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 3 Tb. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. lump crab meat, picked through for shells
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/4 cup English cucumber, small dice
- 1/4 cup fresh corn kernels or yellow bell pepper, small dice
- 1-2 Tb. red onion, minced
- 1 Tb. fresh basil, minced
- 1 Tb. fresh parsley, minced
- 1 Tb. fresh mint, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
Into a large mixing bowl, add crab, bell pepper, cucumber, corn, onion, herbs and jalapeno (if using). Add dressing, stir gently to combine, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with crusty bread or crostini, with mixed greens as a salad, in a sandwich, or all by itself.