Chard, Beans & Tomatoes
Swiss chard, cooked with Butter beans, tomatoes, oregano, feta and crispy Panko topping is a great way to feed your brain with healthy nutrients!
- 2 Tb. Olive oil
- 1/2 medium Red onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 Garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 medium Red chili pepper, seeded & chopped (add more if you like it more spicy)
- 6-8 oz. Swiss chard, washed, stems removed, chopped
- 14-15 oz. Butter beans (canned), drained & rinsed
- 14-15 oz. Chopped tomatoes (canned), with liquid
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1 Tb. Honey
- 1/2 c. Feta, crumbled
Panko Topping (optional)
- 1/2 c. Panko bread flakes
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- Pinch Kosher or sea salt
- 1 Tb. Fresh parsley, minced
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
If using topping, add Panko, olive oil, salt and parsley to a small bowl and mix until combined; set aside until ready to use.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in an oven-proof pan.
Add onions to pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until onions are soft (2-3 minutes).
Add chard, along with garlic and red chile. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes, then add beans, tomatoes, oregano and honey; stir. Cook 1-2 minutes.
Turn off heat, sprinkle crumbled Feta over top, then Panko topping, and place in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.