Seared Yellowfin Tuna
Fresh tuna is super awesome with this magical, creamy sauce.
Author: Adapted from Dave Webber's Recipe
Recipe type: Seafood
- 4 1” thick fresh tuna steaks (Yellowfin, preferably)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tb. blackening spice (we use Paul Prudhomme's Redfish Magic)
- 1 Tb. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tb. olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 Tb. Pernod
- ½ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 Tb. unsalted butter
For the Fish:
- In a shallow dish, combine blackening seasoning with flour.
- Sprinkle both sides of tuna steaks with sea salt.
- Dredge tuna steaks in seasoned flour; set aside.
- Heat a heavy iron skillet over very high heat (a hot grill works best).
- Pour olive oil into pan and place tuna steaks in pan.
For the Sauce:
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, sauté shallot with olive oil until it begins to soften.
- Add cream and stir constantly, continuing to cook over medium/low heat to reduce the liquid by about ⅓ (it should be quite thick).
- Add Pernod and cilantro and simmer another minute or so.
- Stir in butter; remove from heat.