Fresh Starfruit, Ginger & Lemon Juice
Ripe Starfruit makes a delightful juice when paired with fresh lemon and ginger.
Author: My Delicious Blog
Recipe type: Fruit
- 2-3 large, ripe Carambola fruit
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh ginger
- ½ lemon
- Wash the Carambola and lemon in a solution of baking soda and water to remove any impurities in the skins.
- Trim the ends off the Carambola, then slice into pieces that will fit into your juicer.
- Peel the ginger and cut the lemon into pieces that will fit into your juicer.
- Follow the process for your individual juicer, and enjoy your fresh juice!
I'm not a medical professional, but according to my research, starfruit may not be appropriate for individuals who have impaired kidneys. Even the American Kidney Foundation suggests that dialysis patients should avoid starfruit altogether!