Spicy Asian Noodle Soup
A tasty, zesty soup for a cold day.
Author: My Delicious Blog
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 Tb. olive oil
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 Tb. fresh ginger, finely chopped (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño or habanero pepper (depending on how spicy you like it), seeded & finely chopped
- 1 head Chinese cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2 cups portobello mushrooms (or any mushroom you have)
- 4 Tb. low sodium soy sauce (Tamari, if you have it)
- 8 c. chicken broth or stock (I use "Better Than Bouillon")
- 1-2 c. roasted pork, chicken or beef, thinly sliced or chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- 1 package of noodles, prepared according to package
- Over medium heat, place a large stock pot and add the oil.
- Add carrots and onions and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add ginger, pepper and garlic and sauce about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and cabbage.
- Add soy sauce, stock and meat.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 15-20 minutes.
- To serve, place some noodles in each bowl and ladle the soup over the noodles. Garnish with cilantro leaves and lime juice.