Calabaza Squash w/Lime, Garlic & Cilantro Dressing
Any hard squash will do when topped with this tasty dressing.
Author: My Delicious Blog
Recipe type: Vegetable
- ½ Calabaza, seeds removed, sliced into 1" strips (reserve the other half for another recipe, or simply double recipe for a larger crowd)
Lime, Garlic & Cilantro Dressing
- 1 Tb. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tb. rice vinegar
- ½ Tb. honey
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2.5 - 3 Tb. canola oil (test for preference)
- Pinch kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. cumin (optional)
- Handful fresh cilantro, chopped (reserve until prior to serving)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking ingredients in a small bowl (but reserve the cilantro for mixing into the dressing just before serving cooked squash).
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise.
- Remove seeds from each half (you can roast them in the oven for a healthy snack).
- Slice half the squash into 1” pieces, lengthwise. Keep the skin on for an easier process, or simply use your chef’s or paring knife to trim away the skin on each.
- Brush a little dressing over each side of squash. Place on the parchment paper. Sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place in oven and roast 20-25 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting the tip of a sharp knife into the squash. If it comes out clean and the squash is soft, they’re ready!
- Transfer squash to a plate.
- Add cilantro to Dressing, then spoon over the warm squash. Sprinkle a bit of finishing salt (or kosher salt) and serve.