Turmeric, Ginger, Carrot & Napa Slaw
Turmeric is the delicious ingredient in this crunchy slaw.
Author: My Delicious Blog
Recipe type: Vegetable
Serves: 2+ cups
- 2 c. Napa cabbage, chopped finely
- 1 small carrot, peeled & grated
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. fresh turmeric (about 1 rhizome), peeled & grated
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tb. red chile pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
- 2 Tb. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tb. light brown sugar
- 2 Tb. red wine vinegar
- dash kosher salt
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the Slaw ingredients in a mixing bowl. (For the ginger and turmeric, use the small grate section on your box grater, or use another fine grater).
- In a separate bowl, combine the Dressing ingredients, whisk and set aside.
- When close to serving time, combine the two (so the cabbage retains a bit more crunch).
To ‘peel’ the ginger or turmeric, simply use the back/sharp edge of a spoon to easily scrape off the thin skin.