- Fresh blueberries with dried lavender cream
- Grilled peaches with fresh mint or jasmine cream
- Strawberries with fresh coriander (cilantro) cream
- Fresh mint cream with chocolate cake
- Poached plums with fresh lemon verbena cream
Basil Infused Whipped Cream
Whipping cream offers a little extra something when infused with fresh basil.
Author: My Delicious Blog
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 1 cup
- 1 c. whipping cream
- Handful fresh basil (or other herbs), torn into pieces (about ⅓+ cup)
- 1 Tb. confectioner's sugar (or other favorite sweetener)
- Heat cream over medium temperature in a small saucepan - until it just starts to simmer.
- Remove from heat and toss in herbs.
- Allow to sit at room temperature about 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Pour the cream through a mesh strainer into a small bowl to remove the herbs.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours (the longer the better).
- Whip as usual, using your favorite sweetener, then serve!