Gold Rush Griddle Cookies
Inspired by Sun-Maid raisin company!
Author: My Delicious Blog
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3½ c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. vegetable shortening OR unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ c. milk
- 1¼ c. raisins
- Heat griddle to about 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is mealy.
- Add egg, milk and raising and mix only until ingredients are moistened and dough holds together (dough is actually pretty stiff).
- Roll out onto floured board to ¼” thickness.
- Cut with a 2” cookie cutter.
- Dab a little shortening or butter onto the griddle when it’s hot.
- Place the cut-out cakes onto the griddle.
- Turn when brown (about 2 minutes) and brown the other side.
- Serve WARM all by themselves, or with soft butter or maple syrup